Tuesday, January 4, 2011



Forgot to post this picture of Zita and Julia dressed as Bavarian shepherdesses for their Christmas play.

We are swinging back into more normal routine this week as much as we can with Julia's Birthday and Epiphany in the same week. It always is our final hurrah to the Christmas season. We tried burning frankincense this week which was cool but did make the whole house very smoky and I just kept feeling like I was at mass. It was a very strange feeling to have in one's home. Incidentally you can make a great incensor out of a tin can.

Ben had to fill out a survey for Shelf Awareness "Daily enlightenment in the book trade", some sort of reviewers. They wanted to know all the gritty details of his llong literary journey. He asked me to help him with it and I was honored. One of the questions was about books you have "fake read." We both fondly remembered (fakely of course) "Paradise lost", by John Milton. Did anyone at Christendom ever really read that book? Oh and Ben and I share at least two of five top favorite authors. Neil Gaiman and C.S: Lewis. Hooray! Remember, "A survey a day keeps the marriage counselor away."

Oh and Gwen taught us speed scrabble during her wonderful visit with us and I am totally hooked!

4 comments:

audry said...

Io non conosco l'inglese...ma la tua famiglia รจ bellissima!!!

Anna said...

Grazie! Sally. Ogni tanto lo faccio il post in Italiano. Ma la mia grammatica non e perfecta!

Pe me la Italia e un paese piu bella dal mondo.

Anna said...

Grazie! Sally. Ogni tanto lo faccio il post in Italiano. Ma la mia grammatica non e perfecta!

Pe me la Italia e un paese piu bella dal mondo.

Triumvir Vis said...

I actually read Paradise Lost over the summer and wrote a 2-4 word summary on every other page. That copy has been an asset to my younger siblings so that they can read the Dane's Notes only.

Also, remind me about Speed Scrabble when we have you over. We've got Bannanagrams, which is the same principle.