Saturday, May 17, 2008

The Return of the Internet



I'm back!!!! After a long ordeal involving an intricate tradedy of errors and many days of listening to Telecom Itailia's charming elevator music while I "preggiamo di attendere" We are back!!!!!

Well things are great. Not much has changed in Gravagna. They are putting up a roof-cover on the picnic area at the campo. The English folks finished up their house and we have been enjoying the steady stream of visitors. Today the girls made English scones with Ann. Teresa's wonderful botega has been keeping us fed and there is a fish man and a vegetable man who come up once a week too!

Julia sure is getting fat. All the socks I have now leave a red ring around her non-existant ankles. Everyone here tells me that she is growing so well due to my good milk and the moutiain air. Theres something to be said for folk wisdom.

Mostly I have been learning so many good recipes from Teresa and Carla who have been conducting a scuola da cucina for me. I finially learned how to make a decent Ragu too.

Best of all I think I landed myself some of the lamb they raise here in the village. Right now I am still "pregiamo di attendere" on that one. I'm sure Ben's blog is full of news about the most important thing. . . . the wine cellar!

more to come!!!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I've been waiting for a post for quite some time... and we were rewarded with not just an adorable picture of the girls, but a picture of a rooster in a sweater! Excellent!
Welcome back to the land of internet! I'm glad things are going well up north!

Annie Hatke Schap said...

Welcome back to the blogosphere!!! Now we can compare pictures of our fat babies on an almost daily basis!

I started a letter to you guys the other day, but between the poopy baby, the vicious cat and the out-of-her-mind dog it never got finished. Maybe next week!

Margaret E. Perry said...

for the record, i think ben should write a children's book about an enchanted chicken who by chance and strange circumstances is shoved into a sweater, and because she is now wearing human clothing her true identity as a cursed princess comes out. or something. i don't know...all i know is something must be done with that image of a chicken in a sweater.

La Bibliotecaria Laura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
La Bibliotecaria Laura said...

I was justing thinking that my chickens will have sweaters. pace, laura

ps i pray the tensions in Italia over immigration goes away.