Friday, February 1, 2008

So the other day, three days ago to be precise. . . I practically burned down the entire Northside Music building, by leaving my pot of stock on the stove. Remember folks? The time when the entire apartment smelled like charred chicken remains and smoke was coming from every window in our apartment? Were it not for brave Mr. Mills, the entire place would have given up its soul in a scene reminiscent of Manderly in flames--- Well nobody called the fire deparment that day. . . .

But this morning when the the snow was falling gentley outside, Ben lit a cosy fire in the woodstove. The same little column of smoke merrily exited the chimney just as it always does and the Lafayette fire deparment shows up at back window because somebody reported smelling smoke!!!!!


What I want to know is WHERE WAS THIS PERSON THREE DAYS AGO?

7 comments:

Annie said...

Hahahaha! Was the stock pot on fire?! That is SO exciting!!

Anonymous said...

You think that's just hilarious, don't you, Annie? You just don't want to be the only one who almost burned down your apartment.

Annie said...

well, duh!

Eric Orchard said...

Hi Anna, thank you so much for the kind comment on my blog and a very BIG congratulations to you!

La Bibliotecaria Laura said...

I saw the family above the Bamboo Kitchen's apartment horribly burned out on Friday! It was quite a sad sight, with toys and all charred to a crisp.

So, set a timer! Be safe.
Pace, la bibliotecaria

Nick-dog said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nick-dog said...

Maybe you should have given your neigbors a special award for calling the FD.

That way, whenever they see smoke coming from your apartment, they'll always call!

--Nick-Dog