Well I have lots of cute photos but they have to wait until I can get Ben to load them properly. . .
We have really been enjoying this October weather and getting ouside more again. The girls and I have seen several cool things outside this fall, Probably the winner was the other day when we noticed that the cat was chasing a praying mantis across the yard. When we chased off the cat, the mantis meandered over to an old rotton applecore in the corner of our yard that some bees were busily eating and proceeded to knock off the bees and eat them one by one. He would put them between his little claws and munch on them like a club sandwich. It was one of the coolest things I have ever seen.
I just realized today that I am seven months along and really only have ten to thirteen more weeks of pregnacy left which seems incredibly short when you throw in Angelica's birthday, Halloween, All Saints, Thanksgiving, Advent and Christmas. Yikes. I still have so much to do, even though I have crossed the following off of my list. (warning-non mothers--very booooorrrring list.)
1. procure wool diaper covers in newborn size (check)
2. learn to play guitar passably to please a five year old (check)
3. procure lambskin (check)
4. procure little wool baby booties (thank you mother-in-law! - also check)
5. learn to knit (check--thank you "stich and bitch"!!!)
6. assemble babyclothing and diapers (check)
now the big still to do list.
1. assemble things for birth--still need to order stupid birth kit
2. sew cloth wipes
3. Christmas presents made or bought or whatever.
4. wash and launder diapers and baby clothes
5. lanolize diaper covers
6. find some decent nursing bras--does such a thing exist ?(sigh!)
7. the YARD!! (ahhhhhhhhh!--tons of scary raking comming!!)
8. find some sort of boxish wooden thing with drawers to put babie's things in.
okay the list is over--read on
I have to say though I am looking forward to Advent already. It is one of my favorite times of the year liturgically speaking. This year my mom sent the girls a really pretty little paper Advent Calendar from Assisi which I can't wait to use. Then of course there is all the other great Advent traditions-- the readings at mass, lighting our advent wreath, singing Veni Emmmanuel, and of course "Comfort, Comfort" !!!!from Isaiah. I asked Ben if we could name the baby Isaiah. He said no, absolutley not. He is still married to "Samuel" which I have to admit I am too. I just like "Comfort, Comfort."--and prophets.
We had a kickin' bonfire over the weekend that was tons of fun. Apple cider, pumkin muffins and lots of good friends. Beth brought me an aloe plant and a drop spindle (which she made) for my birthday! So now I can't wait to learn to spin which will complement knitting nicely. And Clare brought me really yummy italian decaf espresso and burt's bees!!! my fave! --so anyway it was a great time.
Oh and I finally met Tamby! She is great!
I will post the red pepper soup recipe soon for those who have requested it. . . . .