Friday, July 20, 2007

Better late than never. . .

I felt the baby kick two nights in a row now and it is so cute. I've felt this baby earlier than Angelica and Z. Anyway while searching for info on calculating due date by quickening which is how they did it back in the olden days I found this interesting article on calculating due dates with some very interesting statistics. First of all, this explains why most women I know tell me they are always "late" with their babies. As my midwife told me with Zita who was a "late" baby. They all decide to come out sooner or later.

So I for one intend to kick back, relax, and enjoy more platters of Chrismas goodies for the full Christmas season (which goes until Jan 13 AT LEAST) if little Hatke hasn't made his appearence. And if my baby isn't here yet, you can just bring me more fruitcake and admire my hugness.

http://www.transitiontoparenthood.com/ttp/birthed/duedatespaper.htm

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anna,

What an interesting article!! I am always astounded by the horror in everyone's reaction when you are "overdue". I remember going to the doctor EVERY DAY for the two weeks I was late with Thomas and being asked EVERY DAY if I was ready to be induced. And that wasn't even outside the window of "normal"! I wondered for a long time if I had not self-induced and waited a third week if I would have avoided a c-section. However, I think it was evidenced in my VBAC that I am completely unable to birth a child. Apparently, I have a uterus that has no idea how to do it's job.

Miss you,
M.

Ben Hatke said...

Ha ha, M, don't worry about it. I don't know how to do my job either. Maybe there's a little bit of your uterus in all of us...

...or not?